It’s been a while, hasn’t it?
It seems as if I’d only stepped away for a few days… and now the blog is covered in cobwebs!
I honestly don’t know what happened. While washing the dishes I started reflecting on what it was that had pried my attention away from this blog, but my mind drew a blank. I simply couldn’t think of a reason which had enough meat on its bones to justify my absence.
So after writing a dreadful and shoddy two paragraph German “essay” which we had been tasked as homework, I sat down and started compiling a list of mildly interesting (and most importantly, viable) reasons to explain my neglect:
- I was abducted by aliens.
- I won the lottery and spent the past couple of months gallivanting around the world.
- I was a contestant in a new reality show and had to go off the grid for a while until everyone but the winner had been eliminated.
- I was sitting in a dark cave. Meditating. With bats.
- I was sitting on the top of a mountain. Meditating. With a bald eagle perched on my shoulder.
- I enrolled in a cookery course and spent my days and nights slaving over a hot stove, with the sole intention of getting a certificate and becoming a popular TV chef.
The cookery course is a lie, obviously. Everyone knows you don’t need to be formally trained to be a popular TV chef.
The truth is, I wasn’t abducted by aliens. I didn’t win the lottery. I didn’t give up any worldly pleasures and contemplate the meaning of life in a cave or atop a mountain.
The truth is, I’m afraid, far less interesting. I was just caught up in… stuff.
I went on a couple of trips, one of which I’ll write about here; but apart from that, it was mostly normal, mundane, everyday things.
So I guess I’ll just have to dust off these cobwebs now – in between doing a round of laundry and feeding the cat. If I leave this blog unattended any longer, Old Mother Hubbard might just move in.